Fwd: Lost Network connection after kernel recompile on G4

Hi

I found the answer on a Debian-User post as follows:

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:46:09 -0400
Kevin McKinley <ronin2@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:05:23 +1000
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> wrote:

In addition to the other suggestions you've received, it's possible you didn't include support for DHCP in your kernel. It's in the 'networking
options' section of menuconfig.

This may be misleading to kernel config newbies, since there isn't an option
for supporting DHCP.

The options are CONFIG_PACKET and CONFIG_FILTER, and they are the first and
sixth options in the Network options section of the kernel config.

I hadn't included Socket_Filtering - I did so, recompiled and Hey Presto DHCP works ;-)

Regards

Clive

Begin forwarded message: