Re: reseting the pram = breaking stuff?

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 10:29:13AM +0200, florian wrote:
> hey!
>
> i have some issues with the battery of my powerbook.
> somehow its not recharging...
>
> some people gave me the tip to reset the pram. i
> just wonder if it would break anything concerning
> debian?

That would cause it to start up in MacOS (if you still have
it installed). The major effect you have to worry about is
that it sets the OF settings back to their defaults. You can
see what the settings currently are with nvsetenv. boot-device
is the critical setting.

Worst case, you might have to boot the installer as a rescue
system and re-run Make Hard Disk Bootable. Or, you could
manually reset the settings afterwards by booting into OF
and using printenv and setenv.

--
http://Www.TruthAboutWar.org

Chris Tillman