Re: iBook and different network configurations

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 09:51:39AM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry if this question also apply to the debian-laptop list.
>
> There are many network environment configuration tools in Debian
> and I don't know any of them except from "netenv".
>
> Which one would you advice?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I guess it depends on whether or not you use wireless or not.

If no, you have plainty of good solution available.

ifplugd is a software that detect when you plug a cable to your ethernet
interface and act accordingly.

whereami and friends, IIRC, are tools that try to identify to which lan
you are connected to.

If yes, you also want to connect to wlan, I have not found the perfect solution yet.
I believe everything is there for the perfect solution (see my outdated
page http://cattlegrid.net/~christophe/titanium/airport.html ).

Recently Soeren Sonnenburg informed me that a soft nearly do what I ma
looking for but I have not yet tested it:
   http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/ifupdown-roaming.html

Christophe

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods.
Cats have never forgotten this. --Anonymous