Re: Installer showing way too much free space

> On  11 Apr, this message from Chris Tillman echoed through cyberspace:
> > On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 12:08:44PM -0600, joejoe99@softhome.net wrote:
> >> When I go to "Partition Hard Drive", from the 3.0 .iso image, the
> >> default number of blocks is:
> >>
> >> <quote>
> >> size of 'device' is 1073741825 blocks:
> >> <endquote>
> >>
> >> This suggests that I have 512.0G of Free Space -
> >
> [snip]
> > unless perhaps that was one of the bugs fixed in pdisk since Debian
> > forked it. Actually, it might be nice to find out if that's the
> > case;
>
> There used to be a bug in mac-fdisk getting the device block count
> wrong. It is fixed now, but I have no idea since when. mac-fdisk's bug
> page shows nothing...

That would have been #99700, closed in June 2001 (mac-fdisk 0.1-6). Since
the woody installer uses at least 0.1-6, this must be a new bug. Please
file a new bug report (and work around this bug by using the device size
from the /proc/partitions output).

	Michael