problem with powermac 8600

Hi!

I've just installed Debian on my powermac 8600. No problems during the
installation but, when i reboot and want to execute a command, i  have the
following message

"Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address C88000000 (error
42000000)"

and i can't work any more ( i must reboot)

What does that mean? I wonder if it could come from the installation ( i use
cd-rom (i've not others choices): it's a bad method because there's often
bugs)

so, tell me what you think and what i have to do

regards

sam