Re: Erased boot partition on OSX Debian dual boot

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 12:22:26PM -0700, Richard Cochinos wrote:

> I by accident erased the boot partition on the OSX side of my machine. It
> happened when I reformated one of the drives on the Mac side.
>
> I am currently running Debian and OSX with yaboot as my loader.
>
> For some reason I can't seem to find much helpful documentation on how to
> reset the loader back up.
>
> Has anyone on the dist had this problem before? What did you do to fix it?
>
>  r.j.c.//richard@theory.org

Check out the installation manual's section on installing
from the hard disk. You'll place 4 files on your Mac partition,
then boot from OpenFirmware. Once in the installer, you can
use the partitioner's b command to create a bootstrap partition
and then the Make Hard Disk Bootable item to re-install yaboot
to the boot partition.

--
http://Www.TruthAboutWar.org

Chris Tillman