From: Craig P Steffen [mailto:craig@craigsteffen.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 3:41 PM
To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: usb ohci camera on ben8

Quoting Mark Barr <MBarr@infoglide.com>:

> lsmod shows that the usb-storage module has been loaded and looks good.
> So
> what else do i have to do? Where has it mounted? Or has it?

If it works the same as mine, when the usb-storage module loads, it creates
hook to the camera's file system as a SCSI drive.  So /dev/sda1 is now a
valid
device file (assuming you don't have any SCSI hard drives installed).  To
get at
the camera, create a mount point, and mount the drive on it:
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/dummy
for example, where /mnt/dummy is an empty directory.  Then look in
/mnt/dummy
for your picture files.  You won't necessarily see the files in the
directory
that you mounted, you may have to decend into a directory tree to find what
you're looking for.

Craig Steffen

--
http://www.craigsteffen.net/contact/
current goal: use a CueCat scanner to inventory my books