Pismo install ... reboot gives a ?

Greetings Fellow Friends -
Powerbook G3 400 (Pismo)
320MB RAM - DVD/CD I booted the Debian 3.0 (powerpc) .ISO cd and ran the installer fine. When I selected "Make Hard Drive Bootable", it appeared to go fine. When I went to reboot the system, I got the folder with a ? on it. My (simplified) partition map is as follows:
/dev/hda1       Apple_partition_map Apple   ...  Partition map
/dev/hda2           Apple_UNIX_SVR2 debian  ...  Linux native
/dev/hda3 Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap ... Linux swap Is this okay? Am I correct that yaboot, etc., are only needed for a dual-OS system? Muchos in advance fine friends -- joejoe