Re: filemaker db

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 09:42:11AM +0200, Bernhard Mollenhauer wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I have two filemaker databases under MacOS 9.2 on my iMac. Now I want to change all Mac-stuff to debian gnu/linux. How can I use these db?s under gnu/linux? Must I learn (my)sql first or is there an easier way?

I am afraid you have to learn SQL. Also if you use Filemaker to generate
a GUI or a web front-end you will have to program the equivalent
yourself.

On the good side, it will perform a lot better, you will no more have to
pay for updated version (= bug fix and new bug) and you will have your
data in an open format (SQL).

Christophe

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good
many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
--Joseph Wood Krutch