RE: comparing x86 and powerpc laptops

>> > All these laptops have built in modems too.
>> >
>> But beware, some are winmodems.
>
>Not all of them ?

Possibly true, I haven't been shopping for a laptop for a long time though I
thought that some Sonys and possibly some Dells had non-winmodems.  Perhaps
better advice would be to watch out that the particular (win)modem is
supported for linux.  I have a couple of thinkpads with Lucent modems and
never did get them running but then again I didn't try to hard since a
PCMCIA modem was not expensive and worked out of the box.

Michael