Re: Optical drive problem - TiBook

On  31 Mar, this message from Łukasz Studziński echoed through
cyberspace:
> I have a problem with TiBook 667MHz - built-in DVD/CDRW seems to be ok
> (it is seen by the system), but I cannot put any disc in it. I can put
> adisk inside to the moment when a hole touches an edge of the computer.
> Then I feel resistance - I cannot push even a milimeter more (in fact
> I did not try too much because I was afraid that I can destroy
> something). I wonder if this is hardware or software issue.

I don't know whether that's possible at all, but the drive could be in
the 'locked' position (i.e. thinking it has a disk inside). Try 'eject'
from within Linux, whether that helps anything.

If not, find how to manually eject the disk (maybe look at Apple's
support site) and try that.

As a last resort, visit your friendly Apple dealer :-)

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |