Re: Is 2.4.20-ben9 considered as stable?

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 21:56, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In order to test the latest power management features, I rsynced
> the ben9 kernel tree. I used my ben1 .config file and built
> the kernel.
> However, at boottime, the kernel enters the monitor (why this?)
> and I get a kernel panic when I quit the monitor.
>
> So, is the kernel tree rsyncable meant to be stable or is
> it the work in progress BK tree accessible via rsync?

-ben9 is supposed to be stable yes. Tell me more about
the error/panic.

When in the monitor, tell me what xmon says (vector value, PC, LR,
... and eventually type "t" and copy the result).

Better even: put the System.map next to the kernel and add
a line "sysmap=<path_to_System.map>" just after "image=" in
yaboot.conf so that you get nice symbols in the debugger

Ben.