Re: is my ppc dead?

Hi David

Have you tried booting off a MacOS disk to check your hardware?

Try also AppleKey + Opt+P +R to set the PRAM

Regards

Clive

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 12:51  pm, David Campillos wrote:
I was changing quik.conf on my ppc 9600/350, adding:

image=/boot/kernel-2.4.18-powerpc
    label=linux
    read-only

I forgot (yes, I idiot) to run quik in the command line after that, rebooting the machine without the changes. But the ppc did not restart... I tried it with the rescue disk, with the same result. Is my ppc dead? what can i do?

Clive Menzies & Associates Limited
strategies for business

http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk
http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=15406