alsa on Powerbook G3

Hi all,
I try to get alsa working on my Powerbook G3 Pismo with debian unstable installed. I installed the alsa 0.9 packages and build the modules as described in the readme file. After install the modules I tried to get alsa working, but when I start alsa with "/etc/init.d/alsa start" I got in the upper part of my display a program which looks a bit like the open firmware. The output is the following:

vector: 300 at pc = c0013a44, lr = c0013a14
msr = 1032, sp = cf691e60 [cf691db0]
dar = 0, dsisr = 40000000
current = cf690000, pid = 1877, comm alsactl
mon>

after typing a bit arround I've seen that I can quit this monitor program, but xmms or aumix crashes at this point.

Has anyone seen this bevor or a suggestion how I can get arround this problem.

thanks for help

Sven Herzing