Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 02:41:39PM -0500, digger vermont wrote:
> Don't feel too bad, Soebbi.
> As infrequently as I apply patches I always have to refigure it out.
> The secret is in the "<" From the "root" dir. I believe what I had is
>
> patch -p1 <new_sleep.diff
cat new_sleep.diff | patch -p1

is also a solution, especially since you can do :

zcat new_sleep.diff.gz | patch -p1

on compressed patch files.

Also, it is nice to try it first with the --dry-run option to patch,
which will help you notice any problem with the patching before trully
applying it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther