Re: Management of backlight

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 02:14:48PM -0500, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an 17 inch LCD flatpanel and would very much like to control
> brightness and turning off the backlighting after a time period on my
> desktop machine similar to what pbbuttonsd does for PowerBooks.
>
> I tried pbbuttonssd just to see but I get an error message about having no
> /dev/pmu
>
> Anyone with ideas or a similar solution for desktop machines with FlatPanel
> displays?

AFAIK /dev/pmu is the device interface that provides access to the power
management. Although it is said to be for powerbooks, i used it on my
imac and that allowed me to put it to sleep and such. You need to
install pmud and enable pmu in your kernel (if you built your own). Then
you should be able to run pbbuttonsd.

cheers

matthew