Re: Confusing /proc/pci output

On   6 Mar, this message from Simon Vallet echoed through cyberspace:
>> What kind of machine is this? I have never seen an Apple hardware
>>that didn't reserve a > dedicated IRQ line per PCI slot.
>
> The machine is an OldWorld Powermac 6400/180 (motherboard is Alchemy,
> if that helps),
> and the Ethernet card is actually in a special "CommSlot" (which seems
> to be on the PCI
>  bus (OF)) , not in a PCI slot.

Ahhh.... well on that hardware all bets are off. No idea with what
strange ideas Apple's hardware ebgineers came up for that one :-)

Is your ethernet working now, by the way?

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |