Re: review wanted of new Debian X FAQ entry

Op ma 03-03-2003, om 23:45 schreef Branden Robinson:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 11:15:03AM +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > Le lun 03/03/2003 ? 01:36, Branden Robinson a ?crit :
> >
> > >    To date, no kernels with the feature of sending Linux keycodes exist for
> > >    m68k-based Macintoshes.
> >
> > You should perhaps indicate the date and kernel version this refers to.
> If someone could clarify the situation with kernel 2.4 on m68k, I'd
> appreciate it.

There are actually some 2.4 kernels available for m68k, but due to an
issue related to glibc[1] that started somewhere in the glibc-2.2 area,
they don't boot.

There used to be a bug report on glibc regarding that issue, which was
rather quickly reassigned to the kernel-patch-2.4.7-m68k package. Since,
to date, nobody ever solved the issue, the latter package has now been
removed from the archive.

[1] note that I'm not pointing fingers here, I'm not skilled enough in
that area to tell who's "fault" it is.

wouter at grep dot be
"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a
full one, but there are plenty of dead experts."
  -- National Geographic Channel, in a documentary about large African beasts.