Re: Debian on PowerBook G4 Titanium 15-inch 1 GHz w/SuperDrive

Hi All.

First, I wanted to report back on my experience.  Thanks to the
information provided to me on this mailing-list, I was able to get a
very nicely working Debian installation on my PowerBook G4.  The only
remaining little glitch is that if I send the PowerBook to sleep, on
wakeup, the screen gets messed up.

Second, I am able to manage my Aiport base station modem connection
using SableVM (my virtual machine) and a modified version of the
http://edge.mcs.drexel.edu/GICL/people/sevy/airport/#Configurator
modem utility program.  I build a command-line version of the modem
utility program, as AWT/Swing are not yet supported under SableVM.  It
is really nice not to have to boot under OS X in order to just manage
the base station modem connection. :-) As the source is GPLed, I can
provide it if somebody needs it.  (Maybe someone is willing to package
the SableVM-compatible version as a .deb for inclusion in
Debian/sid/main?)

Lastly, if you're interested to extend the life of your PB battery, I
highly recommend the following URL:
http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1511

Have fun!

Etienne