iBook2 and Airsnort

Hi,
I just installed Debian/GNU Linux on my iBook2 and most of the
configuration is done. I do, however, have problems getting the
program Airsnort to work and believe this is due to either devfs
or my kernel (2.4.21-pre4) configuration.

I have no problem using my airport card for normal networking, but
can't (according to Airsnort) put in in promiscous mode.

This is my first experience with devfs so perhaps my problems
related to that?
(I've tried both as root and using "sudo airsnort")

I do see a "monitor-line" when typing "iwpriv" which according to

I've tried to find the information myself, but didn't get any hits
from either the list archives or via google so I guess/hope it's
something obvious... ;-)

--
boran