Re: Geforce2MX with ADC flat panel

El sáb, 22-02-2003 a las 09:22, Benjamin Herrenschmidt escribió:
> On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 22:12, P Oscar Boykin wrote:
> > Should I expect the Geforce2MX card to work with a flat panel?
> >
> > I have read conflicting things about rivafb and the XF86 nv driver.
> >
> > Any comments would be appreciated.
>
> rivafb is probably hopeless for now, try latest XFree CVS, if
> you use debian, use Daniel Stone packages (penguinppc.org/~daniels)
>
> Ben.

I have kernel 2.4.20-ben6 and Xfree 4.2.1-3 (from testing). My computer
is a G4 733Mhz and I have an Apple studio 15' (a flat TFT screen). I use
nv driver (with no acceleration) in xfree, and the option Nvidia
framebufer in ben's kernel. Works ok and faster than fbddev.

Rivafb conflicts with nv driver when you install the official nvidia
drivers (with graphical acceleration) in a x86 machine. Fbdevice must
work for this. UseFBdevice must be true in configuration

As I've read the ADC output doesn't work (propietary hardware), so you
have to use the VGA output.

You have to run:

>fbset -x

in order to get the horizontal and vertical refresh frecuency.