Re: Strange fn-key behaviour on TiBook III

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 10:20:40PM +0100, Raph HP wrote:
> on my TiBook III the fn-key is acting in a strange way. When I got this
> computer a few months ago, I had to use the combination fn-alt-ctrl-FX
> in order to switch from X to console X. But then, I only had to press
> alt-ctrl-FX without the fn-key. It was like that during about 2 months.
> Now, all of a sudden, it is back again, I have to use the fn-key again.
> The weirdest point is that it is the same under OS X. So, my question
> is: is there a way to switch the behaviour of the F1, F2, ... keys on
> the TiBook?

Do you use pbbuttonsd ?
If yes, have you upgraded recently ?
debian/sid got recently a updated pbbuttonsd.
If you upgraded, perhaps you lost old changes in the
/etc/pbbuttonsd.conf file.

Christophe

People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life.
--Faith Resnick