Re: french keyboard for pwb/testing

Le ven 21/02/2003 à 05:09, Chris Tillman a écrit :
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 08:10:47PM +0100, Eric Boese-Wolf wrote:
> > Just download the package you used before.
> > dpkg -e console-data-<previous version>.deb .
> > then copy the stuff you need, where you need it ;)
> >
> > If think it will go from ./usr/share/keymaps/azerty/blah to
> > /usr/share/keymaps/azerty/blah use install-keymap to load it and
copy
> > it to /etc/console-data/bootkeymap.ffasd.gz or something like that.
>
> Also, your old keymap is probably hanging around in
> /etc/console/boottime.old.kmap.gz

Thx. Console was easily fixed. Problems remains for X, I have no
brace, pipe... chars.
Here's my XF86Config-4 section:

Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
  Driver     "keyboard"
  Option     "CoreKeyboard"
  Option     "Xkbrules"    "xfree86"
  Option     "XkbModel"    "macintosh"
  Option     "XkbLayout"   "fr_new"
EndSection

The file in xkb/symbols/macintosh/fr_new
seems very good (modified by Etienne Herlent and martin Costabel)
but when I create a new XConsole, there's still no brace nor pipe...

Should this file be in xkb/symbols ?
Is there something to change in keymaps to catch alt/option key as a
modifier ?

Tks to all

--

Jean-Christophe Michel