ide-controller ACARD 6260M not working with debian 3.0

> Hi,

 thanks for your reply and sorry for answering late, the problem is still
existing:

> On  26 Dec, this message from Rolf Weidmann echoed through cyberspace:
>> I'm trying to install debian 3.0(kernel 2.4.18) on a mac b&w rev1.
>> Because of an built-in error of the original onboard ide-controller
>> it's impossible to add another hard disk to this controller and so I
>> want to install on a disk, which is connected to an ide-controller
>> card. I've got a TurboMax/ATA-66 card, which is identical to the ACARD
>> 6260M.
>> During istallation of the 2.4.18 kernel from the debian3.0-cd the hard
>> disk is recognised from the installation system, partition check is
>> o.k. as said in dmesg and kernel is written on the disk, but when the
>> system should be rebooted from the hard disk it gives in dmesg the
>> following error-messages:
>> ..
>> partition check:
>> ..
>> hde: lost interrupt
>> ide_dma_proc: chipset supported
>> ide_dma_lostirq func only: 13
>> ..
>> this error message is given again and again without an end;
>
> Hm, IDE has had that 'lost interrupt' problem a few times already....
> Can you try and send along 'lspci' from a runnign system with this
> controller, to see whether it gets a correct interrupt assigned?

don't know if it's similar to 'lspci', but here is a complete cat/proc/pci
fom the machine with the pci-ide-controller card after starting debian
from the debian installation compact disk (note: the above mentioned error
message in dmseg is not given as long as the installation system is
started from cd holding down "c"-key, but is given after reboot from the
hard disk connected to the pci-ide-controller card or is given too when
starting the installation system from cd with a command from the  boot
prompt in yaboot, so the lost interrupt problem always occurs if the
system has read from the hard disk connected to the ide-controller card
before starting the kernel):

# cat /proc/pci

PCI devices found:
	Bus 0, device 0, function 0:
		Host bridge: Motorola MPC106 (Grackle) (rev64).

	Bus 0, device 13, function 0:
		PCI bridge: Digital Equipment Corporation DECchip 21154 (rev2).
			Master Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=6.Max Lat=3.
	Bus 0, device 16, function 0:
		VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc  Rage 128 RE (rev0)
			IRQ 22.
			Master Capable.  Latency=16.  Min Gnt=8.
			Prefetchable 32 bit memory at  0x80900000  (0x8bffffff).
	Bus 1, device0, function 0:
		Fire wire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments PCILynx/PCILynx2 IEEE 1394 Link
Layer Controller (rev2).
			IRQ21.
			Master Capable. Latency=16. Min Gnt=3.Max Lat=4.
			Non Prefetchable 32 bit memory  at 0x80881000  (0x80881fff).
			Non Prefetchable 32 bit memory  at 0x808c0000  (0x808cffff).
			Non Prefetchable 32 bit memory  at 0x808b0000  (0x808bffff).
	Bus 1, device 1, function 0:
		IDE interface: CMD Technology Inc PCI0646 (rev5).
			IRQ26.
			Master Capable. Latency=64. Min Gnt=2.Max Lat=4.
			I/O at 0x10e0  (0x10e7).
			I/O at 0x10d0  (0x10d3).
			I/O at 0x10c0  (0x10c7).
			I/O at 0x10b0  (0x10b3).
			I/O at 0x10a0  (0x10af).
	Bus1, device 2, function 0:
		SCSI storage controller: Artop Electronic Corp ATP 860 (rev1).
			IRQ23.
			Master Capable. Latency=16. Min Gnt=6.MaxLat=6.
			I/O at 0x1090 (0x1097).
			I/O at 0x1080 (0x1083).
			I/O at 0x1070 (0x1077).
			I/O at 0x1060 (0x1063).
			I/O at 0x1050 (0x105f).

	Bus 1, device 5, function 0:
		Class ft00: Apple computer Inc. Paddington Mac I/O (rev6).
			Master Capable. Latency=16.
			Nonprefetchable 32bit memory  at 0x80800000 (0x8087ffff).
	Bus 1, device 6, function 0:
		USB Controller: OPTi Inc. 82C861 (rev16).
			IRQ 28.
			Master Capable. Latency=16.
			Nonprefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x8080880000 (0x80880fff).

NOTE: the pci-IDE-controller card is named SCSI storage controller above !

>> hde is the disk connected to the ACARD ide controller card, about the
>> card is said in dmesg:
>> ..
>> AEC 6260R: IDE controller on PCI bus 01 dev 10
>> AEC 6260R: chipset revision 1
>> AEC 6260R: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
>> AEC 6260R: ROM enabled at 0x80890000
>> ..
>> during installation I found with
>> cat /proc/pci
>> ..
>> bus 1, device 2, function 0:
>> SCSI storage controller: Artop Electronics Corp ATP 860 (rev1)
>> IRQ 23
>
> What does this SCSI controller have to do with the IDE controller above?

this is the ide-controller with the hard disk hde connected to, in
proc/pci it is described as scsi, don't know why.

>> I've updated the card's firmware under mac os to version 3.21.
>
> Is this car supported under MacOS? Does it emulate a SCSI controller?

as you assume the card is supported under MacOS and it emulates a SCSI
controller as shown in "Apple System Profiler".

I've compiled the kernel from sources provided with the debian 3.0-cd and
got again the same problem, but have seen that the cards driver in the
debian 3.0 sources is version 0.9 and that there's a newer version 1.2
which I want to try next;
would be nice if you can give some further advice,

Bye  rolf