Re: Woody, alsa-0.9.0rc1 and snd-powermac Problem

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Georg Koss wrote:
> kernel benh-2.4.20ben5 with
>   CONFIG_DMASOUND_PMAC=y
>   CONFIG_DMASOUND=y
>   CONFIG_SOUND=y
>   CONFIG_SOUND_OSS=m
>   CONFIG_SOUND_TRACEINIT=y
>   CONFIG_SOUND_DMAP=y

I can't speak for the rest of your problems, but you almost certainly want
to have all sound drivers from the kernel compiled as modules. I doubt
that the alsa driver will load with dmasound_pmac compiled into the
kernel, since then you'd have two drivers competing for the same device.
You probably want something like

   CONFIG_DMASOUND_PMAC=m
   CONFIG_DMASOUND=m
   CONFIG_SOUND=m

I don't think you need SOUND_OSS. I don't remember offhand what the other
two do, but you might see if regular sound support works without them as
well.

Nick