Re: Kernel2.4.20 & PowerbookG3-Lombard awakening hiccup

At 23:26 Uhr -0800 22.01.2003, vinai wrote:
The memory controller for the Lombard is the MPC106 (a.k.a. "Grackle")
and according to the specs from Motorola (if I read them correctly),
should be able to address up to 1 GB of RAM.

Sounds cool.

I think the firmware upgrade and 1G of RAM support was for the Pismo
model.

Yes looks like the one salesman mixed up the pismo and the lombard at the shop. (Interesting, how religiously his colleague then defended the claim that a firmware upgrade was needed.)

But the two people that were at the shop when I returned the 512 dimm for a 256 one shaked their heads about why their colleagues claimed more than 512mb total would be supported, 512mb dimms for lombard didn't exist on their list.

So if anyone got successfully a 512MB dimm running in a lombard (333mhz) I would be glad to hear about the exact type and where to buy it.

Christian.