Re: HFS+ in fstab

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 10:40:25PM +0100, Norbert Lange-Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi,
> is the Filesystem HFS+ already supported? My man-pages don't say nothing
> about it. I added this line in fstab (just a blind shot)
> --- --- ---
> /dev/hda13      /HFS+   hfs     auto    0       0
> --- --- ---
>  and can see and read only a file  called where_have_all_my_files_gone?
> Where can I get more info's about this topic?

The "Where have all my files gone" file is part of the HFS wrapper that
every HFS+ filesystem created with Apple tools has. This is what you
get when you try to treat an HFS+ filesystem as if it is only HFS. There
is a patch to add read-only HFS+ support to the kernel, but it isn't
in any of the major trees yet. Take a look at the project page:

http://www.sf.net/projects/linux-hfsplus/

I am the lead developer, but I've been spending a lot of my time
on other projects, so there hasn't been much recent development.
Please note that you'll have to compile your own kernel to add this
support. (And if you do use my code, the filesystem type is "hfsplus".)

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com