Re: Trouble getting Quik working...

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 05:47:31PM -0800, Dylan Barrie wrote:
> I'm setting up my UMAX J700 with a G3/300 upgrade card to be a small
> CVS/web server, but I am having trouble getting Quik to work properly
> on it.  I have Debian installed and working, but I am forced to start
> up from the MacOS and then use BootX to start up Linux when I want to
> use it.  I've been trying different things in Open Firmware, but
> nothing has been working.
>
> These are the settings I use for OF:
>
> input-device kbd
> output-device /bandit@F2000000/3Dfx,Voodoo3@E (I'm using a V3 card)
> boot-device scsi-int/sd@0:0 (the Linux HD is id 0 on the internal chain)
> boot-file /boot/vmlinux-2.2.20-pmac root=/dev/sda2
> boot-command begin ['] boot catch 1000 ms cr again

Try putting the root= and image= in quik.conf rather than the
boot-file entry, then just put the image name there e.g. Linux

boot-file Linux

image=/boot/vmlinux-2.2.20-pmac
  label=Linux
  root=/dev/sda2
  partition=2

Your boot-device and boot-command look reasonable ...

-- Lawrence Bernstein, Discover, Feb 2003