Re: TerraSoft PPC Motherboard.

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 12:17:02PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Sven Luther wrote:
> > >
> > > At least on MIPS I get the install dialog on the serial console (using a custom
> > > kernel and the standard ramdisk embedded in the kernel).
> >
> > Mmm, but you don't enable tty0 as second console, right ?
> >
> > I did console=ttyS01 console=tty0.
> >
> > the boot log appeared on the serial console, but i guess the boot-floppy
> > screen appeared on the tty0, which does not work.
>
> I used `console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200'. Kernel output will appear on both,
> but /dev/console will be the console from the _last_ `console=' parameter.

Ah, ...

The HOWTOs i read made me believe the contrary.

Anyway, i now have a Radeon 9000, which should work, so no more nead for
the serial console, unless i try to debug the matrox fbdev, altough i
believe that it is a problem with the OF not passing the information
correctly to the kernel (the OF works with the PCI matrox millenium II,
but matroxfb reports no memory, so Petr believes this is because it was
not able to map the memory aperture for testing or something such.

Now, if only i would be able to netboot and use a nfs root partition,
but there seems to be some problem with the kernel i have and the
onboard ethernet chip.

Friendly,

Sven Luther