Re: 2 issues Raid, Netatalk

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 03:45:18 -0800, David Tisdell composed:

i cant really say about your first issue.

> Hi all,
> Raid 1 as well? I posted this question last summer in
> the Linux PPC newsgroup and never got an answer. That
> was before I knew about this list which is far
> superior to what goes on in the usenet forum.
> One other question regarding Netatalk. I have had
> issues with version 1.5 on Intel hardware and OS X but
> have had no issues with 1.4.x+asun (Adrian Sun's
> version). Are other folks experiencing the same thing.
> Will I have issues with Woody in trying to go back to
> 1.4? Thanks.
> Dave

though about your second issue, i have some experience with, and
netatalk 1.5 is a charm for me. it runs (almost) perfectly - the almost
perfect setup is more an issue with DHCP and if i need to re-connect to
the router (which has the static IP) it doesn't re-allocate an
appleshare address. which i can probably fix with a little ifup/ifdown
script :). 1.4+asun was nice too. i don't know exactly what issue you
have with the intel/os x and netatalk (mac-only LAN as of yet, and the
other mac runs 8.1 - an m68k). but the other box sees the afpd atalkd
daemons just fine (tho i wish linux could mount appleshare volumes, :/).

/end rambling

simon