Sorted some things out

Well, I got quik sorted out. Had to specify the partition number there,
and now quik is happy. The tdfxfb driver is kind of broken, but I
managed to fix it for mode setting - I'm still looking at the code,
trying to figure out why (a) depth 16 and depth 24 are messed up, and
(b) why acceleration produceds messed text. I have my suspicions. But,
the tdfxfb driver needs to enable the IO port resource BAR for the 3Dfx
board, so that port IO works. (Long as it's on bus 0, where the IO
window offset is 0.)

My remaining problem is that using the hardware clock results in lockups
in SMP mode, especially when warm booting. I've just disabled
'hwclock.sh' and 'hwclockfirst.sh' for now - I have to setup the clock
manually, but the system doesn't lock. Anyone have any ideas? Could it
be a dying clock battery causing the problem? The unit is 6-7 years old,
so that might be the issue. I'll see if I can get a replacement battery
for it, I guess.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net