Re: Monitor won't sync

Le Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:24:57 -0700
krichards@dtint.com écrivait :

> I just installed woody on my Beige G3 minitower.  I originally
> installed from CD but was having trouble reading the CD so not
> everything was there. I was able to get X up with kde but some of the
> package were broken.  So I took the computer in to work where I had
> net access and installed from there.  Everything went great and I was
> able to run beautifully.  But then I went home and tried to run using
> my smaller 15" monitor (although at work I had set the monitor to
> 800X600 to match myhome machine) Now my monitor won't sync when I try
> to start X. (Behind the wavy lines I can see the login dialog dancing
> across the screen.) I looked in the XF86Config-4 file and everything
> seemed within spec.  I even tried dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 but
> no go.  Is there something else I should try?  Some other config file?

I had the same problem yesterday. The machine was installed in my home
with a 22' screen.
I put the machine to his "working" place and there was à 14' screen
there.

startx = no sync too

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 I think must work !

It work for me the third time, when I pick "simple" config for the
monitor.

If don't work be more precise about the hardware.
good luck