Re: Revisiting Pismo Multihead

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 19:53, Brian Victor wrote:
> Given the recent update to the ATI Linux drivers, I was wondering if any
> more information was available to allow multihead operation on the
> Pismo.  My guess is no, since the new drivers seem to be x86 only and
> for newer cards, but I thought something else might have happened since
> the summer when I last asked.

I don't think the problem has ever been lack of information but rather
lack of volunteers.

> Would development effort for this be best supported through the DRI
> project, XF86, or elsewhere?

The best place for an XFree86 feature is usually XFree86. :)

> Or am I even on the wrong list to be asking this question?

Most definitely the wrong list. You should search the Xpert archives,
someone posted an untested patch based on the radeon driver there a
while ago, and someone else recently posted there about this as well.