Re: alsa drivers

hello

Not sure about the problem, but if you want to use alsa, you should
cetainly use the 0.9 version as 0.5 is now deprecated. Not sure if they
are available from apt-get - i built them from source. but there are
0.9rc5 debs here:

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/alsa-utils/

best to remove the 0.5 ones then try those.

cheers

- matthew