Re: XFree86 4.2.99.2 / radeon 9000

On 18 Nov 2002, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Mit, 2002-11-13 at 17:26, Eric Deveaud wrote:
> >
> > using the 17' Apple flat monitor hooked on the ADC connector, it always
> > ends with a black screen (I guess "signall lost" as the flashing power
> > ligth on the flat panel means)
> >
> > the only things /var/log/XFree86.0.log reports is
> > bulgroz:~ > grep '^(WW)' /var/log/XFree86.0.log
> > (WW) Open APM failed (/dev/apm_bios) (No such file or directory)
> > (WW) RADEON(0): Video BIOS not detected in PCI space!
> > (WW) RADEON(0): Attempting to read Video BIOS from legacy ISA space!
> > (WW) RADEON(0): Video BIOS not found!
> > (WW) RADEON(0): Video BIOS not detected, using default PLL parameters!
>
> These are mostly harmless.
>
> Have you played with Option "DisplayType"?

No.
But shame on me, I have to confess that I'm stupid.
Apparently the problems comes from bad HorizSync an VertRefresh values.
just putting something correct solve the problem.

As I was experimenting some problems with the radeonfb driver, before
BenH solve the problem, I was mind blinded, and was thinking of a radeon
related problem.

I have now X displaying correctly on the flat pannel.

> Does this mean radeonfb works? If so, it's strange that it doesn't work
> with Option "UseFBDev".

yes it works, and yes I use Option "UseFBDev" "true"

	Thank's

	Eric

--
Entendu sur France Inter :
Journaliste : Vous préférez cliquer sur le mulot ou sur la souris ?