Re: Mozilla Flash Plugin (was Re: Mozilla Plugins)

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 11:16:28AM +1100, Menaka Lashitha Bandara wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 09:46, Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> > > Isn't there a swf-player0.1.2-2 in Unstable that includes a Mozilla
> > > plugin?
>
> Although this plugin is loaded, it doesn't work for Macromedia Sites.
> Well, a particular one I've been trying to access anyway. Try
> www.sun-project.de with the plugin...

Arguably, the site's javascript is broken, since it checks the for
the plugin name "Macromedia Flash" instead of checking for the
appropriate MIME type.  The actual .swf file plays fine.

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that 1000's of broken web sites will
change just for swfdec.  It will probably be the opposite.

dave...