Re: AmigaOne / Pegasos ?

von Boehn, Gunnar wrote:

Hello,

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

Any problems?
Does Linux support all the chips in these motherboards?

I heard that the northbrigde which is used in the Amiga-One
and Pegasos has a bug which makes it loose data if you copy a lot.

As far as I know Bplan is going to take back and replace
all Pegasos sold so far.

Can anybody verify this info?

I can only say that the AmigaOne boards sold by Eyetech has an updated ArticiaS which fixes this. What Eyetech does with sold boards is technically an internal matter, but let's just say that those of us who have boards with this bug have been given a reasonable offer (cheap upgrade to fixed board with G4 on it ;-), or straight replacement at no cost)

What's really interesting is that the AmigaOne was a LOT less hassled with this problem, for some reason. It only happens when I dump _huge_ amounts of data from disk to disk (we're talking gigs here). What I've heard about the Pegasos is that they had problems on smallish ftp transfers also. We never had that problem.

I don't know anything about bPlan replacing boards, but since Eyetech is doing it, I would sincerely hope bPlan are doing it as well.

But as I said, the AmigaOne as offered by Eyetech right now does NOT have this problem.