Debian on Xserve

Hello together,

i have problems getting debian installed on my brand new XServe. With the netinst images from Ian Eure no booting was possible (Xserve switched off after loading the kernel), so i tried the image from lordsutch.com (http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/debian-cd/) and could boot using install24-safe. During boot i get a lot of "Lost interupt on hda" and similar with every ide device (2 hard drives plus cd-rom). If I wait long enough the installation system starts, but i can only see the language selection box and not select any language.

I didn't try the official 3.0 images yet, since i don't have them at hand at this time.

My idea was (knowing that YDL is running on XServe) compiling a brand new kernel with the latest BenH-Patches on my PowerBook and booting that one. Now my question is: How can i do it the way, that the installation system starts after kernel is loaded (via network would be fine since i don't think it will work the first try :-) ??

If anyone knows a good resource on how to install debian on XServe, please point me there. I couldn't find any useful documention on installing debian on XServe.

Thank you in advance

Daniel