Re: New OpenOffice.org Packages for PPC

Hej Jan,

> >> I have finished the OpenOffice.org build for debian-powerpc.
> >> You can download the packages here:
> >> http://bourbaki.math.uni-kiel.de/~jpalic/OpenOffice.org
> >this is possibly a very dumb question, but...
> >the woody packages fail to install, claiming a dependency
> >for libstdc++-5 (which is not present in woody, AFAIK).
> [...]
> But you will find OOo debs for woody at: (mailed me today :) )
> http://people.debian.org/~dwhedon/oo
> There are also backported needed packages from sid for woody for
> OpenOffice.org!

I have just fetched the files therefrom and tried to install, but
same problem:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openoffice.org-bin:
 openoffice.org-bin depends on libgcc1 (>= 1:3.1); however:
  Version of libgcc1 on system is 1:3.0.4-7.
 openoffice.org-bin depends on libstdc++5 (>= 1:3.1); however:
  Package libstdc++5 is not installed.

and on the site of 'dwhedon', there is the package
openoffice.org-debian-files missing and no sid-to-woody-backport-packages
are to be found there.

... *whine* ...

please don't get me wrong, it is not my intention to complain
about missing packages and stuff. It's great work you do, getting and
keeping that massive bunch of code running on powerpc.
Of course I could start upgrading my system to sid (at least
partially) to get it running; but I prefer having 'stable'.
Therefore, I think it would be fine to have an
openoffice package set that installs and runs fine on a clean
woody system. (including ev. backported sid packages or so).

thanks, bye
Philipp Kaeser