Re: video=ofonly

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 09:33:29PM +0100, eskimo wrote:
> Hey hey all
>
> I have a problem with the boot image for powermac 7200/75.
> I have a black screen when booting on the floppy, and I don't know how to add
> the boot option video=ofonly.
> I have the perl patch but I have those errors:
>
> ./patch-floppy-image.pl 'root=0200 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1
> video=ofonly' boot-floppy-hfs.img > boot-video-ofonly.img

> ./patch-floppy-image.pl: line 1: boot-floppy-hfs.img: command not found

It looks like you don't have perl installed? This is a perl script,
line 1 is:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

Is your boot-floppy-hfs.img the one dated 16-May-2002 from the current
woody ftp archive? That one already has the arguments as you have listed,
including video=ofonly. You may need a version without that argument.

This has come up before on 7200s, and actually there are 2 versions of
the floppy image now being supplied (one with video=ofonly, one
without). But the changed version of boot-floppies hasn't been
released yet.

The patch script was made for the earlier version of the boot floppy,
and doesn't work for the current one (which has the video=ofonly argument
already).

Two options: I can send a version of the patch script which will work
on the current floppy image (just checked it into CVS), or I can send
a version of the image which doesn't have the video=ofonly argument.
You would need to get perl on your machine in order to use the script.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |