Re: Volunteer with Mac wanted to verify bug

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 12:25:55PM +0100, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a request of someone with a Mac.
> Bug #166841 says that upgrade to console-tools-0.2.4-24dbs (which I
> maintain) trashes the Mac keyboard (the good news is that it is fine
> after reboot). I can't trace the bug in the source, and can't check for
> the problem remotely (I need to be at a keyboard, of a machine I can
> reboot. )
>
> Unfortunately the submitter has not been responding and I would like to
> fix this important bug. Can some brave soul please upgrade to
> console-tools-0.2.3-24dbs (and, also console-common-0.7.16,
> console-data-1999.08.29-25, but not at the same time: they were released
> simulataneously, but I would like to narrow down the bug. Its probably
> in console-tools). Please do so having set
> export DEBCONF_DEBUG=developer
> and grabbing the output.

I tried, but apt-get couldn't find either

console-tools-0.2.3-24dbs or console-tools-0.2.4-24dbs

I also tried

1:0.2.3-24dbs and 1:0.2.4-24dbs

since that's similar to the way dpkg -s reports my current version:

Version: 1:0.2.3-23.3

I have sources for stable, testing, and unstable in my sources.list.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |