Re: How to distinguish a mac from an Amiga?

Alastair McKinstry wrote:

Hello,

Quick (hopefully simple) question: How do you tell the difference
between an Amiga and a Mac (both ppc machines) in a script ?

I need to distinguish them in picking keyboards correctly in the console packages.

Thanks,
Alastair McKinstry

/proc/cpuinfo?

The Amiga you're talking about is the classic with 680x0 or PPC accelerator, right?

I'm currently busy on a kernel for the AmigaOne with PPC 750CXe, 750FX or 7445 processors. Just so you know, there'll be another Amiga platform pretty soon. Totally incompatible hardware-wise to the classic series. We use PPCBoot (now UBoot?)

There'll be a LOT of people running Debian on these babies pretty soon. (our main OS isn't ready, and some hundred developers will have hardware within a week or two. End user release aimed at the Linux crowd is before christmas, both in G3 and G4 versions)