Re: XFree86 config for tibook 667

Le ven 01/11/2002 à 12:09, delysid@attbi.com a écrit :
> excellent! so far i have been very impressed with my
> laptops performance but have not had a chance to look
> into some issues like getting powermanagment to work
> correctly (when i shut the lid and reopen it the colors
> are all screwed up) and sound. I wish i had seen your web

I never really tried to closed the lid but when I explicitely ask to go
in suspend mode, the screen becomes blank and then I need to reboot.
Is the suspend mode working for you when under the console?

> site about 2 weeks ago :). looks like your site can help
> me with my sound issues and getting the trackpad to play
> nice, it worked well in enlightenment but not in kde. and
> in getting my airport card going, all tasks planned for
> this weekend. again, nice site it's gonna save me a lot
> of time getting my laptop configured.

Cool. That was my goal. I have submitted it to the linux laptop website
but the site has not been updated since.
	http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/apple.html

Let me know if you get strange browser behavior when wireless.

> I know window managers are pretty much a personnal
> preference thing, but have you found any one in
> particular to work better than others on your tibook? so
> far i've only tried enlightenment and kde but am thinking
> about  trying gnome and sawfish..

I am a gnome kind of guy.
I use gnome2 since it entered debian/experimental and it's now in
debian/unstable.

Christophe