Re: My Debian Woody installation won't boot

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 10:58:50PM +0100, Dave Turner wrote:
> >from Brad
> >Where did you find something that claimed the bootstrap had to
> >be partition 2?
>
> From the mac-fdisk doumentation.
> And also from "Installing Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 For PowerPC" version
> 3.0.24 24 May 2002.
> Chapter 6.6 and I quote:-
> "However, if you add a bootstrap partition later, you can use
> mac-fdisk's r command to reorder the partition map so the bootstrap
> partition comes right after the map (which is always partition 1)."
>
> I may not be clever, but I can follow instructions!

OK. I have to admit that I haven't read the instructions mentioned...
I can assure you that it isn't actually required for the bootstrap
partition to be partition number 2, however. Someone mentioned that
it has to be before any bootable partitions, which is what I believe
is the actual need.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com