Re: My Debian Woody installation won't boot

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 08:34:53PM +0100, Dave Turner wrote:
> >> Wait...your bootstrap partition is 2? How did you partition your
> >>hard drive? Did you delete ALL the partitions that were in the
> >>original map? I'm no expert by any means, but I do remember clearly
> >>that the first eight or so partitions were taken up by hard disk
> >>drivers. Perhaps that could be related to the problem?
>
> >They're only needed for MacOS.
>
> OK, here's the partition table.
>
> 1 Apple_partition_map Apple            63@1
> 2     Apple_Bootstrap bootstrap      1600@30506881  800K
> 3   Apple_Driver_ATA* Macintosh	     54@64
> 4   Apple_Driver_ATA* Macintosh	     74@118
> 5  Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh       512@192
> 6       Apple_Patches Patch Partition 512@704
> 7           Apple HFS                            500MB
> 8           Apple HFS				   1GB
> 9           Apple HFS                              2GB
> 10          Apple HFS                              4GB
> 11          Apple HFS                              7.2GB
> 12    Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Linux       9112000@30508481 4-ishGB
> 13    Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap         512000@29620481 250MB
> 14         Apple_Free Extra            22@40132481

I thought maybe there might be some issue with the partition being located
at the end of a large disk. But I just installed a bootstrap partition
at the 37G point on a 40G disk, and it boots fine.

> Has anybody got Woody working on a Rev A iMac?

I'm pretty sure the one at work is either Rev A or B, it's a 233 with
a tray loading CD IIRC. I'll check.

What's your /etc/yaboot.conf look like?

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |