Re: Ramdisks

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 12:16:32PM -0400, Steve Vaught wrote:
> I'm trying to install debian on a beige G3 from a downloaded ISO.
> I've got the first base install done, but I don't have "ramdisk.image.gz"
> file for BootX to work. Where can I get this?

You mean it's not there on the CD in the powermac folder?

Actually, if you've got the install done, you don't need it any more. That
contains the root ramdisk for the installer, it's the same as root.bin.

When you're ready to boot your installed system from BootX, just un-check
the ramdisk checkbox and add root=/dev/hdax to the kernel boot arguments,
where /dev/hdax should be the linux path to your root partition.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |