From: Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick [mailto:rafial@well.com]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 10:04 AM
To: deFreese, Barry
Cc: 'debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org'
Subject: Re: JSP - How to install?

At 9:49 AM -0700 8/19/02, deFreese, Barry wrote:
>I installed the 1.3.1 Java SDK from Blackdown and am trying to install
>Tomcat.  When I run "apt-get install tomcat" is says that there are
>dependencies for j2sdk1.3 and it is not installable.  I already have it
>installed, what am I doing wrong??

I assumed you installed your jdk by hand (which is what I did also).
apt only knows about software that is installed by the packaging
system, so it is unaware of the jdk you have installed.

Fortunately, there is a dummy java package for just such such an occasion:

apt-get install java-virtual-machine-dummy java-common

             Wilhelm Fitzpatrick  |  When we speak of free
          http://www.3roses.com/  |  software we are referring
                 rafial@well.com  |  to freedom not price.