Re: Problem with woody

scripsit Chris Tillman:
> On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 02:49:39PM -0000, Laurent Decreusefond wrote:
> > I installed woody dist on my powermac and everything went apriori well. I
> > am trying to compile a C program and ld complains that it can't find
> > crt1.o
> > And in fact, i don't have it. When i try
> > apt-get install libc6-dev
> > i have a conflict since it requires libc6 2.2.5-10 and I have libc6
> > 2.2.5-9
> >
> > I should say that I installed my system with the minimal cd-rom and then
> > by picking packages with dselect, so i may have forgotten some or picked
> > the wrong ones. By the way, how could i go back to a working installation.
>
> You must have been installing packages from unstable, or maybe that's
> how your CD was built. libc6 is at 2.2.5-6 in testing and stable.

$ apt-cache policy libc6
libc6:
  Installed: 2.2.5-11.1
  Candidate: 2.2.5-11.1
  Version Table:
     2.2.5-14 0
         90 ftp://mirrors.kernel.org unstable/main Packages
 *** 2.2.5-11.1 0
        500 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.2.5-6 0
        500 ftp://mirrors.kernel.org stable/main Packages

If you're seeing 2.2.5-10, that's as likely come from
security.debian.org as from sid.

> First of all, get unstable out of your /etc/apt/sources.list.

If it's there.  Regardless, add to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

(adjust the contrib/non-free to your preferences)

Do apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -u

Then you should have your libc6 at 2.2.5-11.1, and be able to apt-get install
libc6-dev at 2.2.5-11.1 without problem.

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul