Re: F50 Debian Install

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 10:46:55AM -0500, Tom Gall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   Well I've started to get alot more adventurous and this morning started an
> install of an F50 Rs/600 which is a CHRP box.  Doing an install over the net
> failed for two reasons.
>
> 1) There needs to be an SMP chrp kernel for the F50 and it's ilk for debian.
> Anyone take a contribution of a config file?

File a bug on the closest existing kernel package?

> 2) The drivers.tgz downloaded for chrp from ftp.us.debian.org/<long dir path>/
> also appears to be foobar. The system couldn't unpack it. In the grand scheme of
> things it's ok since I have to roll my own kernel anyway and modules and such
> issues I can handle. Still nice to fix it for the average bear.

I downloaded it and unpacked it, no problems. File corruption on your end?

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |