Re: Mozilla Java Plugin for PPC?

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 02:25:42AM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Aug 10 2002, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > deb http://klecker.debian.org/~gibreel/debian unstable main non-free
> >
> > and apt-get install either the jre or the j2sdk.
>
> 	I'm not the original poster, but I'd like to say that these
> 	are the packages that work best with the Linux, as far as I
> 	tried them (all).
>
> 	Unfortunately, it seems that I have bad luck (or plain
> 	incompetence :-)) as I haven't had much success getting Java
> 	plugins working with my bank, which uses an applet (via an SSL
> 	connection, it seems) to enter the password.
>
> 	Upon loading the page at URL
> 	<https://www2.bancobrasil.com.br/aapf/aai/login.pbk>, which
> 	contains the applet, Mozilla either dies or the applet loads
> 	and I can type the password, but upon submitting the form, the
> 	server complains that the password entered was the empty
> 	string (obviously not true) and makes me reenter the string.

Well, most probably the bank checks for netscape 4 or internet explorer,
the two versions they believe are the only ones to have ssl support, at
least that is what happen with my bank, after i enter the login and
password, there is a continually swirling wait logo, and that's it.
The fact that it complains about the empty string may be a standard
error path or something such.

If this is the case (but then maybe not, i don't really know) having
your browser maskerade as ie or netscape may help. I know mozilla can do
this, but you have to hand modify the config file.

Friendly,

Sven Luther